Total Pageviews

Wednesday 11 January 2023

Mermaid's Prayer

What has become of us... happened to me?
Showered you with kindness... true empathy
You weaponised my love; made dreams... nightmares
Slashed, stripped our trust's bedrock.. doused me in fear
Tried carrying your cross… demons you spore
They crucified me harshly.. to my core
Don't understand... what did I do to you?
Lonely? Wished me to suffer... just like you?
If that was plan; well done... you have your prize
For I near drowned in hellscape's dire demise
But mermaids' hearts, you see, they breathe... loves' light
I'll rise, outshine you... and your wretched plight!
My soul was born from galaxies beyond
Stardust stitched, moonlit scars... they'll make me strong!


© Debbie Razey 2022 ~ Violet Moon Poetry


#sonnet




No comments:

Post a Comment