Total Pageviews

Monday 20 February 2023

My Shadow and Me

 
My shadow and me... we cannot be free 
Inherent to soul... unfortunately 
It clouds my judgement... it smothers my joy 
Consumes my sunlight... peace of mind destroys 
It follows me around... won’t let me be!
When try hide in darkness... it sits with me 
It lurks in corners... copies all I do!
Weirdly though I’ve noticed... you have one too 
Maybe ours then... they could walk hand in hand 
Don’t you think perhaps... they would make good friends 
Together could fight... their demons away 
Brave... bright lights, ignore what others might say 
I think mine’s sewn on... feel trapped in its threads 
Wonder if it’ll leave me... when I’m dead
I ponder these things... when I watch it dance 
Climbing dawn’s golden walls... keeps me entranced 
Sometimes it’s gigantic... makes me feel small
Other times it pools... like tears on the floor 
Does yours do this too... I would love to know 
Entertain in moonlight... put on a show? 
Mine never speaks... but it listens to me 
I promise I’m not crazy... just lonely 
Who knows, I’m not sure... but one thing is true 
Don’t feel so alone... when I think of you!

© Debbie Razey 2023 - Violet Moon Poetry



No comments:

Post a Comment