Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 September 2020

CHAPBOOK Never Alone


Up in thermals I’ll always be 

With outstretched wings over sea sheen

In sunset hours of dusky tones

It’s there you’ll find I’ve made my home 


Fields aglisten in morning’s dew

Dawn’s still hours of gossamer hues 

Coins you’ll find when there’s been too few

In warmed hands curled around your brew


You’ll feel my light upon your face 

In twilight’s throng, my lost embrace 

In veil of night, laid at your side

Never alone we’re moon and tide   


Although no longer I’m alive 

Hear my echoes in all that’s life 

In crashing waves, a newborn’s cry

A crackling fire, in sweet rest’s... sigh 


In silk-spun notes, a rhythm’s beat

In autumn leaves under your feet 

When raindrops stick to windowpanes 

And all your efforts seem in vain 


For I’ll be there to will you on 

Breath, it ceased but my love lives on 

You’ll feel at times my hand in yours 

Kissing your wounds, healing your sores


I'll watch o’er you from stars above 

In slumber’s arms, you’ll feel my love

Remember... however long the years 

I’m in our children’s smiles and tears 


©  Debbie Razey 2020 - Violet Moon Poetry.








No comments:

Post a Comment