Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 November 2019

Deceived



There was I, elated, skating, totally oblivious to 
the thin ice of fair weather promises we were
 skating upon; unable to see how severed 
beneath the veneer you were 
Drinking in the frozen, ambrosia smell of 
cinnamon spice; our chocolate box scene 
draped in Christmas lights, serenaded in 
carolled crystal tongues 
Everything blanketed in ashen snow and I 
aglow; wrapped in your love, your adoration; 
your loving nature... to me, you shone pure as 
the shimmering snow


All my life I had searched for peace, my heart 
to ease; to finally shed the hurt and harm my 
built up calloused mess of a heart, so 
diseased 
Perhaps now I had found my angel in the 
snow; to me love he’d come to show, through 
sapphire windows, just what I meant to him 
and always would mean 
Here could I, at last, feel safe, away from the 
two-faced blame race; could I be to him and
he to me unconditional love, a destination, a 
destiny, we never dared dream? 
A happy family, sadly neither of us ever had; 
an impermeable bastille of our own, of love
and unwavering light for us and our dearly 
desired, wanted young


I thought our days in love’s alabaster haze
where effortlessly our bodies ice danced... 
twirling entwined beneath the snow-flaked 
laced sky, would never, ever cease 
That our love’s rhythm and rhyme, so true and 
sublime, would never drift or rift, turn icicle 
cold; bleed into Winter’s cruel darkling decline. 

Oh but through truth’s rabbit hole eyes I now 
see... how badly I was deceived
It was not an angel but a devil who’d 
enchanted me; it was not I but you that 
needed me, to torture me with your soul
wagered... loveless greed 

© Debbie Razey 2019 - Violet Moon Poetry



No comments:

Post a Comment