Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 November 2019

Before The Big Feeze



You, my love are a November poem 
Blown in, an exhilarating breeze
Made my heart swirl wanton, fire-hued leaves 
Leave me craving warmth... your opium 
Is this how you need me... on my knees? 

For where are you now; has the season changed?
Has the thunderstorm washed you away?
Please tell me why, my love, you go away?
Was to dare, hope... deluded, deranged? 
Are your words all, of you, that remains? 

Yes I realise now, I sound insane 
But before you, I felt not the cold
To a life of numbness I was sold 
Lifeless lay, until you blew my way 
From you now, my mind... it will not stray  

So if you want me, love, send words on wind
Quell Winter’s creeping doubt of intent   
Raise phoenix leaves, make once again spin 
Let our love at last breathe... not repent 
Before our life’s clock is all but spent 

© Debbie Razey 2019 - Violet Moon Poetry


No comments:

Post a Comment