Total Pageviews

Friday 5 May 2023

Night Wandering

 

Noctivagant... a moonstruck fool’s pastime 

Armour of stars... footsteps enmeshed with time 

Night’s opulence swathes day, drapes damask silk 

Dims gaudiness... smooths stress, hides trash rank filth 

Upon my stroll... I drift past fellow wraith

Whose swift, stealth glance reveals a dreamer... made 

Selenophile am I... vampire by day 

Cold, taciturn I'm not... love to parley 

With scratty Tom patrol, scour... twilight's skies 

He’s mystic lore... moon’s magic, etched in eyes 

Night’s voyeur... lovers twinkling, hand in hand 

Down mémoire’s lane, sense cat... he understands 

These streets were once my stage... oh how we danced!

Together, side by side... we walk entranced 


© Debbie Razey 2023 - Violet Moon Poetry





No comments:

Post a Comment