Total Pageviews

Friday 21 April 2023

Luna

Wet nose and snuffly kisses 
When darkness strangles me 
She offers her paw... cocks sweetly, her head 
Settles weight upon my knees

She seems to know me better 
Than I could ever know myself 
Somehow, she regulates my heartbeat
Soothes... helps me catch my breath

Her humanesqe smile‘s heart melting 
Loving gaze... forever fixed 
I’m her beloved ‘Mummy’ human 
She’s my faithful ‘Luna’ bitch 

Our love is unconditional 
It does not have a cost 
She warms me in the winter 
I save her half my lunch 

Takes pleasure in the small things 
Delicately... smells each flower
To her, I’m always beautiful 
She makes me feel empowered 

She’s my fluffy little angel 
My loving... furry friend 
One woman and her dog 
Each day’s a snuggle fest!

She knows just how to comfort
And loves my belly rubs 
When tears will not stop falling
Licks gently... shows her love 

She’s my saviour... little buddy 
Starlit moon... that lights my way 
She bathes my life in blessings
Guides me through... my sickest days

© Debbie Razey 2023 - Violet Moon Poetry 




No comments:

Post a Comment