Total Pageviews

Thursday 17 February 2022

Music

It's true to say you'll always be first love 
From when I found some 45’s, aged ten 
A beat-up box of stardust from above 
Spherical black diamonds grooved with awe, zen
Wrapped neatly in thin sleeves of brown cardboard 
Excitedly I fumbled with stylos 
Crude plastic toy, my Fisher-Price player 
Hypnotic vinyl disk spun, holed, eyeless 
Addicted drug of choice; it's my saviour 
.
My first hit; harmonies from John and Paul
“She loves you” ringing in my ears; so true! 
That moment, Rock and Roll it stole my soul 
Flooded my synapses with “love me do(s)”
Small boy and I dancing, bewitched by beat 
Two ten-year-olds attracted on playdate 
Music took my attention more than he 
For our first kiss, a while longer he’d wait 
As I was lost in music’s majesty 
.
Next time my pocket money hit my hand 
To local market record stall, I ran 
Like kid in candy store, my sweets were bands 
Perusing every cover my eyes scanned 
Artwork, the feel and smell intoxicates 
From there on in, my dreamer’s hideaway 
Where memories, emotions I keep safe 
Soundtrack to life, the music I have played 
My heart’s song is written between the staves 
Music, the friend that never left... it stayed
,
So many bands, into my ears have strummed 
Some lyrics, melodies frequent my brain
My heart, it's slowed and quickened to their drums 
Without them, I'd have surely gone insane
Jukebox mind continuously plays tunes 
Lyrics have quenched my thirst for poetry 
Songs’ inspiration led me to a pen 
Without my music, I would not be me 
Music will be my solace... to the end 
,
© Debbie Razey 2022 - Violet Moon Poetry








.


No comments:

Post a Comment