Total Pageviews

Monday 28 October 2019

Stay


I’ll lie down
beneath you
I will be your bridge to happy
I’ll not complain
beneath the weight 
of your heavy load
If I can
I’ll carry all your unbearable
relentless burdens 
for you 
I’ll be there
to soothe.... you
when you loose control

I will cry
the tears
that you’ve suppressed
for you.
I will feel 
the hurt 
that you can’t feel 
but... give
I will 
swallow 
all of your lonely... 
though it’s so raw and painful
I will give 
you reasons  
so you
will want to 
live 

I’ll not sleep
to ward away
your night-terror demons 
I’ll be there
to find you
when you
are lost
and cannot find your way 
I’ll be there
to scream at when life’s cruel....
 and just too painful  
I’ll be there
to forgive you 
to remind you 
we’ve always a new day

I’ll be here
to take your loss 
and the rejection
I’ll be here 
to feel unworthy 
so that you don’t
I’ll be here 
to love you 
unconditionally 
I’ll am here 
to stay 
even if you tell me 
that I shouldn’t 

All I ask 
is that you
STAY 
... don’t break further, my tired old, fragile heart 

© Debbie Razey 2014 - Violet Moon Poetry 


No comments:

Post a Comment