Total Pageviews

Monday 2 December 2019

My First Taste Of Winter Snow



From beneath, 
I watch the snowflakes dance diligently 
Winter's graceful fire flies, 
hovering around the lamp light's amber glow 
My eyelashes, 
adorned with wet, 
glistening, 
glittering jewels 
Crimson cheeks and cold violet nose... 
violently painted;
vibrant brushstrokes of the biting breeze,
leave a blushing
almost
...bruise

Silently... 
I look on, 
as the fields are gently blanketed in a still... 
shimmering, snowy beauty
Cars and roads, 
draped dramatically, 
in a thick alabaster, 
velvet veil 
I witness the trees trimmed, 
in winter's bespoke ball gowns of spectacular, 
stitched sequins 
An archaic scene of sublime winter wonder...
a vivid vision of awe...
my eyes will, 
never
...forget  

The wailing winds,
fill my ears as they echo
...eerily
all around me 
Crisp white snow 
underfoot, 
sings out its stark, 
staccato song
I watch as everything before me is iced in fine, 
fanciful icing sugar
Coated in winter's ashen... 
aesthetic... 
majestic... 
mesmerising...
fairy-dust
my first taste of winter's
stunning, 
...snow fall
  
© Debbie Razey 2019 both poem and image 



No comments:

Post a Comment