Total Pageviews

Friday 11 October 2019

Steadfast Love

No matter what I say to you
I can never... get it right 
So I imprison the words inside of me
and I let my feelings type
.
My heart is true and honest
but it's somehow not enough 
I bend beyond the realms of sense
with unwavering, steadfast love
.
In my saddened heart I know though
that this you do not recognise
Through a filter of paranoia 
daily it’s me you grow to despise 
.
I wonder how our journey will end; 
if we'll continue to muddle through
or if your demons will defeat us 
and if I’ll loose both me.... and you 

So, please, listen to what I’m saying 
This doesn’t have to be our end
One in which we both destroy ourselves
and into madness... we descend
For I, would steal the moon for you
to quell the darkness in your head
Leave no room for ghosts of yesteryear
Burn up in stars... every word they said
.
I’ll be there to hold you through the nights
To stroke your night-terrors away 
Darling, you’ll no longer have to cope alone
No more days... of being afraid 
.
© Debbie Razey 2019 - Violet Moon Poetry 


No comments:

Post a Comment