Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 July 2019

Dear Sir...

To the neurosurgeon, who would not let me speak
So far behind schedule you had no time to greet
Even though, eighteen months, I'd waited for your time
You used my appointment to reduce your queue line 

I know I'm just a number to cross off your list
Still, your abrupt words struck me in gut like a fist
As when fired at with questions and tones of disdain
I crumbled to nothing, my mind screaming in vain  

For this is my life Sir, everyday without fail
Everyday precarious... becoming more frail
Came to you in desperation, just wanting advice
Hoping you could give me back some quality of life 

Yet, you'd no time for me, no compassion to give 
With hostile impatience drained my hope through a sieve
Left me with nothing and in worse shape than I'd come 
Performance of ego set to clocks ticking drum 

What I had wanted to ask you was all written down
Yet, when suggested you read it was met with a frown
As your time Sir, was too precious to waste aiding me
All my answers, to your questions, were right there to see 

So now I'm left traumatised worse off than before 
No place to turn now... how much more must I endure? 
Like you Sir... once was healthy, I did nothing wrong
Not of surrender... it’s one of fight, my swan song 

For you see I've a family I cannot give up 
Who, even though I'm floundering, surround me with love 
I guess I'll seek another then and rejoin the queue 
As time with my family is, to me, precious too 

So next time you're behind Sir... wanting someone to blame 
Please, remember these words, don't let it happen again
As your prey maybe that day at the end of their rope 
Without a family, energy... lost of all hope

As with your title Sir, comes responsibilities
Your paid to heal not bring vulnerable to their knees
I ask... how good is a doctor who's no time to care
Who has knowledge, experience... yet, no time to share

© Debbie Razey 2019 - Violet Moon Poetry 

No comments:

Post a Comment