Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 October 2018

Not Me

It's autumn again when the world slows down 
When stars glisten more brightly enveloping the town
When the days become shorter and the nights become long
...and I'm reminded by your absence of what I did wrong

See the flames still bewitch me when the log fires burn
Hued-leaves still fall hypnotically as they glide twist and turn
The cold air still embraces me with its invigorating kiss
...and I'm reminded by your absence of all the things I miss

So as autumn magenta-stroked sunsets slip behind the trees
The unheeding gusts of autumn bring stark branches to their knees 
Autumn's blanketed patchwork builds in waves like the sea  
And I'm reminded by your absence that without you... I'm not me  

 © Debbie Razey 2018 ~ Violet Moon Poetry 








No comments:

Post a Comment