Total Pageviews

Tuesday 13 October 2015

Pinned

Wrestling 
    with my thoughts
        ...my sanity

Believing 
    in one thing
        yet craving
            ...very much
                another

I am baffled 
    by the complexity
        of the simplicity 
            which...
                eludes me still

Filtering 
    memories from dreams;
        dreaming dreams
            not just reliving 
               distorted... 
                   faceless-facts

Confronting 
    the ugly 
        the untamed; 
            that which 
                lurks
                    beneath...
                        the veneer 
                            which others polish
                       
Free-falling...
    desperately
        and despondently
            into a 
                languid,
                   lacrimal lake
                      of my own making 

Drowning 
    in the loneliness 
        which I've 
            so deftly 
                painted:
                    all through 
                        striving
                            simply....
                                too hard

Perfectionism 
    has gagged
        ...for too long
            my wild
                incandescent voice

Ideals
    morales 
        bind
            painfully 
                my feet;
                    they make me 
                        ...lame

My violin-heart
    ...weeps
        promises 
            laced with tragedy
                whilst 
                    my out-of-body 
                        transcends
                            that which is real

Dancing 
    with dalliances 
        which
            will never be; 
                the what if's 
                    ...the maybes

I am 
    too young
        to evaporate; 
            to seep...
                into these 
                    caged-walls 
                        of safe 
                            mediocrity

Yet
    like a butterfly 
        pinned
           to a page
               ...I fade 

© Debbie Razey 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment