Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 June 2015

For You

For You

There is no depth, I would not swim, to reach the safety of your arms
I'd plummet without a parachute into the mercy of your charms
I'd starve myself of oxygen, just to taste the breath of your kiss
Sacrifice my heart for you... I'll be the target you can’t miss

I'd taste from your poisoned chalice, to save you from yourself
Surrender all I have and am; lavish upon you my body's wealth
Take every ounce of pain you've ever felt and I'd internalise it within
I'd shield you from life's cruel sorrows... I'd pay for all your sins

For you, nothing is too great my love, there is nothing I wouldn't do
The only thing I'd ask, of you my love, is that you'd try to love... you too

© Debbie Razey 2015 - Violet Moon Poetry 







No comments:

Post a Comment