Total Pageviews

Thursday, 21 May 2015

Reincarnated Love

Carve a hole out for me
Where I can nestle in your words
Don't forget to search for me
Don't get trampled by the herd
Because I know you are missing... I feel it... where you belong
I hear the promise of your whisper within wistful love-fuelled songs

I've been searching my whole life for something I feel that I have lost
Perhaps with each reincarnation, further apart we have been tossed
Deep within my gut, I know, love's compass points to you
It would be such a comfort to know, though, that you are missing me too

I find myself daydreaming of how you now may look
I feel you ever closer; our union preordained... not down to luck 
One thing I know for sure, though, from the very core of my soul 
When I put my head upon your chest, our jigsaw will be whole
  
So tonight, as you gaze at the clear crystal constellations above 
Please orienteer yourself back to me as I'm dying without your love 
Each day's getting more painful, I find it harder and harder to breathe
I just need you here now... this time please promise not to leave
As the dawn rises reluctantly, bleeding light into the day
I close my eyes and pray to God that today will be the day 

© Debbie Razey 2015