Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 May 2015

Do you think of me at all?

Like sweet amber pellucid honey, my mind pours 
you seductively through my wanton fingers; 
leaving me with only an unpleasant sticky residue, 
that I just can't bring myself to cleanse 

On my temples, I feel you scratch at my brain 
as you're tattooed across my thoughts 
I hear your fists pound on the doors of my 
consciousness and it's proving harder now to ignore

Upon awakening,  my warm body yearns fervently; 
moist in the memory of what is now only a dalliant dream 
My mind dances where you should be and I hear myself 
silently moan, tasting the shape of your precious name 

Your face burns its image into my eyelids
When I close my eyes, you are all that I see
Your hands haunt my skin,  in wistful daydreams of torment
My tears, the only jewels you ever gave me, 
glisten as they adorn my cheeks

My heart's still lost, stolen 
from my empty rusting birdcage of a chest; 
it's door painfully left swinging open 
Oh how its banging; just won't let me sleep 
Please, along with your words, return my heart to me

Every song I hear has become laced with gut-wrenching
undertones of our conversations once sung
Your words; chanting in my head, their melody so bitter sweet 
Lyrics; jeering at the irony of the echoes that haunt my eggshell sanity

I wonder if you think of me at all?
If you see me staring back from your own reflection?  
If our words of love, chime in lucent hues relentlessly in your ears?
Do you catch glimpses of me in crowds or in a passing taxi? 

Upon wakening; does your body fever and ache ardently, 
with memories of our insatiable thirst... never quenched?
Does my winsome heart weigh heavy upon your own?
Do you miss my scent, my taste, my touch; my every miniscule detail?

Please now, tell me... 
Put me out of my misery... 
Do you think of me at all? 

© Debbie Razey 2014







No comments:

Post a Comment