Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 March 2014

The Struggle

Struggle! Is that the word that epitomises how I feel? 
A head, filled with a promise of a future, left to reel.
Hindsight, only highlights missed opportunities and time wasted
Success and achievement, a fruit which I still have not tasted
Ungrateful for all I do have, weighs heavy in my heart
Yearning for something better, but where do I start? 
Peace of mind, fulfilment and pride in the sense that I was here.
My babes in arms deserve better and, as their parent, for them I fear
Nurture, inspire, love and cherish are what I wish most to accomplish now
Through graft, worry and disillusion; I am confused as to how
Trapped, struggling and almost defeated, through trying to provide.
Hope the essence of what I strive to achieve for my family, will not prove to divide
 
© Debbie Razey 2014






No comments:

Post a Comment